Archbishop Ignatius Suharyo Hardjoatmodjo
The Archbishop's Residence, Jl. Katedral 7, Jakarta 10710, Indonesia
(62) 21 - 381 334 5 / 381 432 2 / 351 114 1
Fax :(62) 21 - 385 568 1
Archbishop Ignatius Suharyo Hardjoatmodjo was born on July 9, 1950 in Sedayu, Bantul, Yogyakarta. He entered St. Peter Canisius Minor Seminary in Mertoyudan, Central Java, in 1968 and completed his undergraduate degree in philosophy and theology at Catholic University of Sanata Dharma, Yogyakarta, in 1971. He was ordained a priest of Semarang Archdiocese on Jan. 26, 1976.
Pope John Paul II appointed him Archbishop of Semarang on April 21, 1997, and his episcopal ordination followed on Aug. 22 that year. In 1981, Archbishop Suharyo received a doctoral degree from Pontifical Urban University in Rome. In additionally to his post as Archbishop of Semarang, he was appointed head of the Military Ordinariate on Jan. 2, 2006.
On July 25, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed the prelate Coadjutor Archbishop of Jakarta. He succeeded as Archbishop of Jakarta on June 28, 2010, when the Pope accepted the resignation of Cardinal Julius Darmaatmadja.
- Archbishop Julius Riyadi Cardinal Darmaatmadja, S.J (1996-2010)
- Cardinal Darmaatmadja Julius Riyad (1995-2010)
- Bishop Andreas Henrisoesanta, SCJ (1979-2012)
- Archbishop Leo Soekoto, SJ (1971-1997)
- Archbishop Adrianus Djajasepoetra, SJ (1953-1970)
- Apostolic Vicar Petrus Willekens, SJ (1934-1952)