Archbishop Hyginus Hee-joong Kim
997-1, Sangmu 2-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju, 502-855
Fax :(82) 62-380-2840
Archbishop Hyginus Kim Hee-joong was born on Feb. 21, 1947 in Mokpo, Jeollanam-do province. He was ordained a priest on Jul. 5, 1975 and appointed as Auxiliary Bishop of Kwangju on Jun. 24, 2003. His Episcopal ordination was on Aug. 18, 2003. He was appointed Coadjutor Archbishop of Kwangju on Jul. 10, 2009 and consecrated on Sept. 8, 2009. Archbishop Kim succeeded Archbishop of Kwangju on Mar. 25, 2010.
He is president of the Episcopal Commission for Doctrine and of the Committee for Promoting Christian Unity and Interreligious Dialogue of the CBCK.
In 2007 and 2008 respectively, he was appointed as a member of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue and member of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
- Archbishop Andreas Choi Chang-mou, S.T.D., D.D (2000-2010)
- Archbishop Victorinus Youn Kong-hi, S.T.D., D.D (1973-2000)
- Archbishop Peter Han Kong-ryol, D.D (1971-1973)
- Archbishop Harold Henry, S.S.C., D.D (1950-1971)
- Monsignor Patrick Brennan, S.S.C (1949-1950 Apostolic Prefect)
- Monsignor Owen McPolin, S.S.C (1945-1948 Apostolic Prefect)
- Monsignor Thomas Wakida Asagoro (1943-1945 Apostolic Prefect)
- Monsignor Owen McPolin, S.S.C (1937-1943 Apostolic Prefect)