Bishop Chung Soon-taek, O.C.D.
Auxiliary Bishop Peter Chung Soon-taek, O.C.D.
Archbishop's House, Chung-gu Myong-dong 2-ga, Seoul 100-809, Korea
Bishop Peter Chung Soon-taek, O.C.D., was born on August 5, 1961, in Daegu. He first studied Chemical Engineering at the University of Seoul (1983-1986). He later studied philosophy and theology at the Catholic University of Seoul (1986-1992). He took perpetual vows on January 25, 1992 in the Order of the Discalced Carmelites, O.C.D., and was ordained a priest on 16 July 1992.
During 1993-1997 he was Master of Novices and then for almost two years he was Master of students. Between1999-2004 he studied Sacred Scriptures at the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome and became provincial definitor of the Discalced Carmelites of Korea in 2005, for three years. In 2009 he became the Definitor General in Rome for the Far East and Oceania.
- Bishop Basil Kyu-man Cho (3 Jan 2006 to 31 Mar 2016)
- Cardinal Nicholas Jin-suk Cheong (1998-2012)
- Cardinal Nicholas Cheong Jin-suk (1998-2012)
- Cardinal Stephen Kim Sou-hwan, LL.D., D.D (1968-1998)
- Bishop Victorinus Youn Kong-hi (apostolic administrator), S.T.D., D.D (1967-1968)
- Archbishop Paul Ro Ki-nam, D.D (1942-1967)
- Bishop Adrien Larribeau, M.E.P., D.D (1933-1942)
- Archbishop August Mutel, M.E.P., D.D (1890-933)
- Bishop Jean M. Blanc, M.E.P., D.D (1884-1890)
- Bishop Felix Ridel, M.E.P., D.D (1869-1884)
- Bishop Antoine Dabeluy, M.E.P., D.D (1866-1869)
- Bishop Simeon Berneux, M.E.P., D.D (1854-1866)
- Bishop Jean Joseph Ferreol, M.E.P., D.D (1843-1854)
- Bishop Laurent M. Imbert, M.E.P., D.D (1836-1843)
- Bishop Barthelemy Bruguiere, M.E.P., D.D (1831-1836)