Bishop Paul Qinglu Meng
The Cathedral of Sacred Heart of Jesus, 27 Tongdao South Road, Huimin District, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia, China, Postal Code: 010030
+86 471-6315184 or 6317801
Bishop Paul Meng Qinglu was consecrated on April 18, 2010 as the seventh bishop of Hohhot (Suiyuan), based in the capital of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
He received a papal mandate and the approval of the Bishops' Conference of the Catholic Church in China (BCCCC) for his ordination. He was elected as bishop candidate in June 2005, a month after his predecessor Bishop John Baptist Wang Xixian died, aged 79.
Born to a Catholic family in 1962, Bishop Meng entered the Inner Mongolia Seminary in 1985 and was ordained a priest four years later. He had taught moral theology and other subjects as well as served as the academic dean until 1999.
Bishop Wang assigned him to build new churches and serve as parish priest from 2000 to 2003. He has also taken up leading posts in the government-sanctioned Catholic Patriotic Association and Church Affairs Committee of Inner Mongolia since 2001. When Bishop Wang became gravely ill in 2004, he entrusted diocesan affairs to the then Father Meng.
Address: The Cathedral of Sacred Heart of Jesus, 27 Tongdao South Road, Huimin District, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia, China
- Bishop John Baptist Wang Xixian † (June 24, 1997 Ordained - May 25, 2002 Died)
- Bishop Francis Wang Xue-ming (Hsueh-ming) † (Aug. 19, 1951 Appointed - Feb. 10, 1997 Died)
- Bishop Ludovicus Morel, C.I.C.M. † (March 21, 1938 Appointed - Aug. 19, 1951 Resigned)
- Bishop Louis Van Dyck, C.I.C.M. † (Aug. 10, 1915 Appointed - 1937 Resigned)
- Bishop Alfonso Bermyn, C.I.C.M. † (April 15, 1901 Appointed - Feb. 16, 1915 Died)
- Bishop Ferdinand Hubertus Hamer, C.I.C.M. † (Aug. 30, 1888 Appointed - July 15, 1900 Died)
- Bishop Alphonse de Voss (Vos), C.I.C.M. † (Dec. 12, 1883 Appointed - July 21, 1888 Died)