Archdiocese of Kupang
  • share this post
  • resize textlarger | smaller

Kupang archdiocese covers 14,150.15 square kilometers, comprising the five districts of Kupang, Rote, Sabu, Alor and South Central Timor.

Divine Word missioners started visiting local Catholics in Kupang in 1910, but the first temporary Catholic church was built in South Central Timor district in the 1930s.

The local Church experienced significant growth after 1965, when many followers of local beliefs wanted to join. Kupang diocese was created on April 13, 1967, and elevated to an archdiocese on Nov. 23, 1989.

Indonesia to host Signis Asia meeting

Indonesia to host Signis Asia meeting SIGNIS is the World Catholic Association for Communication: an international non-profit, non-governmental association that brings together communicators and media professionals from across the globe.